Center for Academic Success
A website with access to virtual tutors, career advisors, and online resources to help you throughout your university studies
Do you need to improve your academic skills or study habits? Do you need help preparing for an exam or presentation? Are you confused about CPT/OPT or don’t even know what career field is best for you? Shorelight’s Center for Academic Success has friendly online academic skills and subject area tutors along with expert career advisors to help you with these questions and many more!
Maybe you would also enjoy completing a short eLearning workshop at your own pace? Those are available, too, on topics ranging from Academic Integrity to How to Make American Friends—and everything in between! If you’re short on time, try one of the live or recorded webinars.
Give your learning journey the support you need by signing up for a free account today! Here’s how:
2. Click the orange “Sign up now” button to request access.
3. On the sign up form, type your given name and family name as you are registered at your university.
4. Type any email address (personal or university, etc.). You will need to access your email to verify your address.
5. Create a password with at least one special character and 6-50 characters total.
6. Type your password again. Write it down or save it in your browser.
7. Type the full name of your university, not just the abbreviation. Your status must be checked.
8. Check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions (feel free to read those first).
9. Optional: Sign up for our newsletter by checking the last box.
10. Click the large orange button that says, “Start your learning journey.”
11. You’ll be asked to verify your email address next. In your inbox, you’ll see two emails from us. Open them and click the link to verify your email address. Check your spam folder if you don’t see the two emails.
12. You’ll receive an email within two business days to let you know that your account is approved (or if not, how to fix the problem).
13. Return to the Home page linked above (or in the email) to log in when your account access has been approved.
If you encounter any technical trouble, just use the Live Chat button at the bottom of our Home page.